Monday, April 18, 2011

04.17.2011 - Thoughtful Neighbors

When I moved in January, my new, very close neighbor, would leave his outdoor floodlights on every night.  All night.  It kind of bothered me, but then I figured I really didn't have any right being bothered.  After all, if I didn't like all that light, I could always buy blackout curtains.

Then spring showed up one day.  And for the first time, I slept with my window open, my noisy, loud fan sucking in all that wonderfully cool air.  That lasted about two nights because then pollen season started.

But in the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that the mega-watt floodlight isn't left on anymore.  It could be because they got their electricity bill.  Or it could be because the bulb burned out and they procrastinate as well as I do.  Or it could be that they heard my jet-engine fan one of the mornings my windows were open, realized they were lighting up my entire room every night, decided to take pity on me and turned it off.  That's what I'd like to think, anyway.  In any case, I'm thankful that I don't have enough light from my neighbors yard every night to read a book by.
My blissfully dark window, and subsequent shine-free wall. 
Piano, fan and scarf-covered lamp thrown in for your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment